Baked eggs with yogurt and chili
14 cups arugula, 2 tbsp. olive oil, salt, 4 eggs, 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1 garlic clove (crushed), 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, 1/2 tsp. chili flakes mixed with sweet paprika, 6 sage leaves shredded.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place the arugula and oil in a large pan, add some salt and sauté on a med. heat for about 5 minutes, or until arugula wilts and most of liquid evaporated.
- Transfer to a small ovenproof dish and make four deep indentations in the arugula. Carefully break an egg into each hollow, taking care not to break the yolk. Place in oven for 10-15 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- While the eggs are in the oven, mix the yogurt with the garlic and a pinch of salt. Stir well and set aside room temp.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Add the chili mix and a pinch of salt and fry for 1-2 minutes, or until butter starts to foam and turns a nice golden-red. Add sage and cook for a few more seconds, remove from heat.
- Once eggs are cooked remove from oven. Spoon yogurt over the center, and pour hot chili butter over yogurt and eggs. Serve immediately