I know a lot of you are now eating low carb meals but this dish is worth trying on a day that you are craving pasta.
You could use whole wheat or gluten free pasta in place of the traditional bowties.
3 carrots, peeled, 2 medium zucchini, 2 yellow summer squash, 1 yellow bell pepper, 1 red bell pepper, 1 onion, thinly sliced, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tbls. dried Italian herbs, 2 tsp. kosher salt plus more to taste, 2 tsp. ground black pepper, plus more to taste, 1 lb. dried farfalle pasta, 15 cherry tomatoes halved, 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Cut veggies into thin 2 inch long strips
- On a large, heavy baking sheet, toss the vegetable strips, onion, oil , dried herbs, and 2 tsps. each of salt and pepper to coat
- Transfer 1/2 of veggie mixture to another large, baking sheet and arrange evenly over both sheets.
- Bake, stirring after the first 10 minutes, until the carrots are tender and the other veggies begin to brown, about 20 minutes
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the farfalle and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender until firm to the bite, about 8 minutes
- Drain, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid
- In a large bowl, toss the pasta with the cooked veggies to combine.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and enough of the reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Season the pasta with more salt and pepper to taste
- Transfer the pasta to bowls. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and serve