Tips to Managing Stress
- Know your limits – Taking on more than you can handle is asking for stress. Learning to say no is important.
- Alter stressful situations – Finding a way to change things can help prevent a stressful situation from reoccurring.
- Try changing how you react – Try to view stressful situations from a more positive perspective. Reflect on all the things in your life that you appreciate.
- Nurture yourself – Set aside time to relax daily, do something you enjoy.
- Increase your resistance to stress – Exercise daily and eat a healthy diet
Stress is defined as mental, emotional, or physical tension or strain. Too much stress can negatively impact your health. Spending more time in a lower gear, and looking a the positive aspect of a situation helps to lower and manage stress.
Yoga involves gentle movement, deep breathing and being mindful. Research shows people who practice Yoga several times a week may receive health benefits including stress relief.
Check out our group exercise schedule and join one of our yoga classes.