It’s that time of year again………..Why not enjoy some meatless game day meals? I will try to post a new option every week throughout the football season. Go Pats……..
Portobello Sliders with Caramelized Onions
- 4 ciabatta dinner rolls ( or slider buns), toasted
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms, sliced into thin strips
- Large handful of mixed greens
- 1/2 medium white onion, sliced into rings
1/4 cup white wine, 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, crushed, 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper
1/4 cup vegan (or traditional) mayo, 2-3 garlic cloves crushed, 4-5 basil leaves, minced
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade in shallow dish and submerge Portobello slices completely. Allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil over med. heat, add sliced onions and reduce heat to low.
- Sauté 5-10 minutes until caramelized. Remove from heat set aside.
- Place Portobello’s with marinade into hot sauté pan.
- Turn up heat and bring liquid to a simmer.
- Heat until liquid is reduced and mushrooms are browned and cooked through.
- Mix ingredients for aioli in a small bowl.
- Spread the aioli on the bottom of all four buns. Evenly distribute greens, Portobello, and caramelized onions. Top with other half of bun and serve.