Caprese Avocado Toast
2 ripe avocados, 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper, to taste, 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted, 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced and cut into pieces, to fit the bread, 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved, 1/4 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped, balsamic glaze
- Cut avocados in half, remove pit, and scoop the flesh into a small bowl. Add the lemon juice, slat and pepper. Mash the ingredients together.
- Spread evenly onto toasted bread slices. Top with mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
1/4 cup dry whole wheat bread crumbs, 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese, 1/4 tsp. seasoned salt, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, 2 tbls. fat free milk, 2-1/2 cups (1/4 inch thick) slices zucchini, cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl, stirring with a whisk
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture
- Place coated slices on a ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray, place rack on a baking sheet
- Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp