Roasted Vegetable Antipasto
12 medium Brussels sprouts, 4 tsp. EVOO plus 2 tbls. divided, 1 large fennel bulb, halved, cored and cut into 1/4 inch wedges, 12 very small, thin carrots, 1 large beet, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds, 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided, 1 large clove garlic, minced, 2 tbsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp. capers, chopped, 1 anchovy fillet, minced (optional)
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven, preheat to 425 degrees F
- Trim and halve Brussels sprout; toss with 1 tsp. oil in a bowl. Spread in a single layer on half of a large baking sheet. Toss fennel in the bowl with another 1 tsp. oil; spread on the other half of the pan.
- Toss carrots in the bowl with another 1 tsp. oil and spread on half of second baking sheet. Toss beet slices with another 1 tsp. oil; spread on the other half of the pan.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Roast the veggies, stirring once halfway through and rotating the baking sheets top to bottom and front to back, until soft and beginning to caramelize, 25 to 30 minutes. Arrange on a serving platter.
- Meanwhile, mash garlic and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt in a small bowl with the back of a spoon until a paste forms. Add lemon juice, capers and anchovy. Whisk in the remaining 2 tbls. oil; drizzle over the veggies.
- Enjoy at room temperature………