I will be back to game day healthy eating after Thanksgiving. I thought a couple of healthier recipes for Thanksgiving Day dinner would be better for the next couple of weeks.
1 yellow onion, finely chopped, 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped, 2 stalks celery, chopped, 1 package mushrooms, roughly chopped, 1 head cauliflower, pulsed in food processor to make pellets, 1 apple, finely chopped, 2 tbls. minced fresh thyme, 2 tbls. minced fresh sage, 1 tsp. salt, 3/4 pound turkey sausage, cooked and chopped or sliced, 1-2 tbls. Smart Balance, 1 egg. beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat a large pot with oil spray
- Add onion, pepper, and celery and sauté for 6 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté another 3 minutes. Add cauliflower, apple, thyme, sage, salt, and sausage. Mix well to combine everything and cook for 3 more minutes. Turn off heat.
- Add Smart balance and mix. Add egg and mix.
- Transfer to baking pan that has been misted with oil spray and bake in oven for 40 minutes until top is brown.