Caviar –(2) 14 ounce cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained, (1) 14 ounce can black bens, rinsed and drained, (1) 14 ounces can corn, drained, 1 1/2 cups chopped Roma tomatoes, (1) medium red, orange or yellow bell pepper, 3/4 cup chopped red onion, 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, 1 to 2 jalapenos, ribs removed, seeded and finely chopped, 1 avocado
Italian dressing –1/3 cup olive oil, 3 tbls. red wine vinegar, 2 medium cloves garlic, minced, 1 to 1 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. dried oregano, 1/2 tsp. honey, 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes, freshly ground black pepper
- In a large serving bowl, combine the peas, beans, corn, tomatoes, peppers, onion, cilantro and jalapeno.
- Don’t add avocado until ready to serve
- In a cup whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle the dressing over the serving bowl and toss until well mixed.
- Season to taste with more salt and pepper
- Let marinate for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve with multigrain chips