Eating right does not have to be difficult.
Below are seven steps to get you on your way to healthier eating.
- Eat 5 + servings of vegetables a day
- Eat limited portions of whole grains and cut refined carbs ( white rice, pasta, potatoes, sugar, bread)
- Eat three servings of fruit a day
- Include lean protein at every meal (think fish, beans, eggs and egg whites, lean meat and lean poultry, low fat dairy
- Trade good fat for bad—(bad-saturated fats found in full fat cheese, most red meat, butter, margarine – trans fat found in processed foods that contain hydrogenated oil) (good—fat found in nuts, avocados, olive and canola oil, flax-seeds and fish)
- Portion control – 1/2 plate non-starchy veggies, 1/4 plate lean protein, 1/4 plate complex carb. choice.
- Eating whole foods and reduce highly processed foods, read labels if ingredient list is endless with a lot of names that sound like chemicals, don’t buy the product.
Spring into good nutrition this March with these nutrition tips.
Eat well and stay healthy.